Friday, August 22, 2014

Handwritten letter to his Dad

Dear Dad,

I am sorry I haven't written you earlier.  I have gotten caught up in this work.  Its been really hard to find free time to write the family, draw, drum and hacer casas (make home).   I wouldn't say that I have completely lost myself in the work, but I think having no time to yourself is part of that.  My Spanish has been improving so much.  This last few semanas (weeks) went by muy rapido (very fast) and I learned a lot.  I learned more on how to explain things, especially in Spanish.  So I have been getting better but not that fast.  I feel deep down and what my Patriarchal blessing says.  I feel that I am being prepared.  Not only in the mission but in general.  Recently I have been praying that I will be pushed to megorar bastante (greatly improve). I can be the missionary that the Lord wants me to be.  I have been praying that I can meet my potential.  I can't say that my prayers have been answered YET. Just because I haven't seen anything happen yet.  But everyday I know I am getting better.  Getting better to me means that I am becoming more like Christ. 

Dad I want you to know that I love it here.  Would I live here, no, but I love being a missionary here.  I really wish that you could be here with me, learning the same things, doing the same stuff and bringing others unto baptism.  But you can be the missionary back home.  Remember that you have the same authority and Responsibility that I have.

Dad I am so grateful for you being such an example.  You change lives when you returned to church.  I am grateful to our Padre Celestial (Heavenly Father) that we have been raised in the Gospel.  It really is a blessing.  I am trying to get better.  I might be spiritually strong but I will never be stronger than you.  Your a stud!  I am filled with pride that you went to state championships for biking, STP and LotoJa and Salt to Saint (Steve's bike races this summer).  Its so awesome that you get to get stronger and stronger.  But remember the spiritual strength is what will carry you to the next life.  It is what's most important.  Remember to study your Scriptures and always Pray.  Dad as you do all these races, please be safe, safe in all things.

Dad, I know and testify that God lives that Christ lives.  I testify that Jesus Cristo restored his true church through his prophet Jose Smith.  I know and have a grand testimony because the Spirit has made it manifest unto me.  He has testified and now I testify.

I love you Dad
your son
Elder Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment