Thursday, January 23, 2014

1 week left at the CCM

It's crazy how fast the CCM time has gone by.  I'm excited.  I leave Tuesday (really early in the morning).  I'm excited to leave here and actually teach real people and plan my own days, but I don't feel prepared language wise.  Maybe being submersed in the language will be better where here I don't use it all that often.  (Which is why we thought he was studying in Mexico.  Go figure.) 

But I am doing good, serving and learning.  My teacher told me after one of my lessons that I have a gift of teaching  and I was teaching in Spanish.  That meant a lot to me.  Pero.  I can be better that's for sure.  My other teacher told me that I need to repent.  I was like Dude I got everything taken care of.  But what the spirit led me to understand and what I studied right after is forget all the stuff and lose myself in Christ.  Read Philippians chapter three.  Basically what Paul does in that chapter I need to do.  So that's what I have been working on. 
Philippians Chapter 3 verse 2 - "Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision."   
Philippians Chapter 3 verse 9-10 - "And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings being made conformable unto his death." 

Our teacher is amazing I think I already told you but he loves us so much and wants us to succeed.  He told us that we are in his patriarchal blessing.  He just loves his job and this gospel and pours out his heart to us everyday.

I know when I leave its going to be fun.  I hope we go back to the states first so that I can get some true American food. I will be traveling with some guys for most of the way, but I am certain I am the only one in the CCM going to my mission.  Some are going to Chile and some are going to Ecuador but in different missions.  It's gonna be weird being the only greeny.  Pero yea I am totally the only white dude.  I'm hoping that Elder Phillips from our stake will be my trainer.  I would really like that.  I want an English speaker but that is really good in Spanish.  I think I will be submerged in the language and culture enough.  I guess I don't need easy, like Joseph Smith I am meant to be in deep waters.  I am excited to be on my own with a companion but not the language.  We will see what the Lord has in store for me.

I did get the package.  The FedEx lady wasn't asking for the correct things and so I showed them all my stuff and they cleared it.  I got it yesterday.  The Kneader cookies were so good.  I enjoyed them and shared them with the class.  I love my jacket.  Its exactly what I was looking for.  Its funny because I was gonna have my teacher buy one for me but then I found out that his jacket was $250.  I was like ahhh, no.  But yea I really like it.  Thank you for sending the package.

Oh we got our Soccer jerseys from the World Cup too.  They are super cool.  They didn't have an Ecuador one but I got a sick looking Portugal one.  So awesome. 
 
 
The following picture is one of me totaling killing it at ultimate Frisbee and in my new jersey.  I literally stood in place for awhile and that kid sprints at me.  I jumped and he jumped and I caught it and he didn't even touch it.  It was awesome.

Well mom, I love it here  but I am excited to leave to Ecuador.  Thank you again for the package I really like it.  I love you mom, I love the scripture.  I love my Savior.  I hope you find time to study the scriptures.  Its important.  I love you Mom.
 
Dad, I really miss you.  I actually miss working at the store.  I don't know why I miss it.  Its like our baby and its hard to leave something you have created.  I love you with all my heart and I will make you proud.
 
I Love you
Elder Luke
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment