Thursday, May 21, 2015

Well I will tell you another funny story, I was ......robbed.

Well it just sounds wonderful that you guys had a wonderful week. Its awesome to hear how the family is being united and augmenting our love for each other. Its very good because what I see is families that do things like we do. We are so blessed that God assigned us six to be together. Its just wonderful, a lot of thanks to give to God.

Well I will let you know that Monday to Thursday I wasn't doing very well with my companion. It was awful, fighting and yelling because we just lost all the qualities of Christ that we have been working on. But God already new of the fighting, so he had planned with my zone leader Elder Cordova, also my old companion to have an interchange. Well it was good to be away for a while where I was able to vent and talk to another missionary to help. Well returning to be with my companion we had forgotten about what had happened and now we are doing great. I see the times that he holds in his breath when he doesn't like something. We are improving, also we have been trying to do fun things during the day to play a little. What we did is we found an old really ugly soccer ball, we were kicking it all around our sector all day. It was pretty funny. Also we are trying to get along.  Thanks to that change in us we were blessed again with 5 people in the church. Not the same 5 than the week before, but we are just loaded with people to work with. 

It was stake conference this Sunday and WOW, there was a huge mass of babies and little kids, screaming and yelling. I was observing our investigators and they noticed the commotion and they weren't focusing. So we took our investigators to another room that it was being transmitted and it was a lot better. Super pumped because we are being blessed and now we are gong to have another family come to Christ. There is a family of 3 that we are teaching that are so animated and ready to be baptized. They love the church, Its a very special family. We are most likely going to baptize them in June.

Well I will tell you another funny story, I was ......robbed. Wow he took just about everything, Everything, okay maybe he just took a dollar. It was funny. It was on Sunday when I was in my suit and with my $200 watch and he was drunk and come and told us to give him a dollar so that he doesn't rob us. He put his hand in his pants to suggest that he had a gun but he didn't have anything. I told him straight that I didn't want to give it to him, because I didn't want him to drink more. Then he insisted.  I asked him what is he going to buy. He told me breakfast. So I insisted that I invite him to breakfast that we were going to go together. But he didn't want to. In the end I gave him the dollar and he walked away. I said, I hope you love your breakfast. And then we went away. It was frightening but I was calm. But now I am short one dollar. hahaha just a joke.

I will tell you that its sometimes hard to share the gospel.  I feel that the words don't come out so well or they just don't get it, but I love it when I am able to teach with the spirit and I can help these people who accept us and apply what we teach. If only people who sack the crud in their eyes and notice that the truth is here in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I love you
ElderLuke

No comments:

Post a Comment