Monday, May 25, 2015

So other than the health scare I consider this week a good week

Well this has been a very interesting day. Well I came here thinking that there was some things that that I wouldn't share because they are a little scary for you guys. But now thinking on the spiritual aspect that I have learned from this experience, is something wonderful.

Everything started Tuesday, we had a meeting with the missionaries and then I had an exchange. I went to a place that is very poor and filthy, the houses are very simple also the food. While there I was good and had a good time, obviously I got dirty. I got to my sector, Wednesday, goodish, Thursday, also goodish. Goodish because it wasn't a stellar day in the field. But Friday I woke up and exploded the bathroom. Then from when I woke up I was going to the bathroom every 20 minutes. Then after our studies my stomach wasn't feeling good. I didn't have an appetite. So I rested for a bit and took medicine. We left at 3pm. At 5 pm we had a lesson where we taught this lady and while I was teaching them I felt my body temperature raising. I felt a fever come. I then after went to a near by planned appointment with a convert so I could use her bathroom. When I got there Ii couldn't teach. I was weak in my bones, my strength left and I was starting to be cold. So my companion and the member taught while I laid down on the member's sofa with double blankets. Then they gave me some medicine and I started to throw up. So they called the bishop and by then I was feeling horrible. I was barely able to walk. The bishop took me to the hospital where they hooked me up to a machine and started pumping something into my veins. I started to feel better. I had a time alone to reflect on what had happened. In that short moment I came to know my savior.  I realized that he felt the same that I felt. Tears came down because I thought in my mind the words of D&C 19:15  "...how sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not."  I really love Jesus Christ and what he has done for me.

That night then went a little bit worse, we couldn't pay for the visit so the mission had to come at 12 in the morning to pay for it. When they came I was sleeping on the benches in the lobby because the pains came back. I was a wreck.  But now I am good. Still taking medication but I feel better.
 
Saturday I was in the house all day resting and Sunday I went to work. I don't know how we did it but we got 8 people to go to church.

So other than the health scare I consider this week a good week. 

Oh in the end what I had was a stomach infection from food I ate on Tuesday. 

Well. This week is also going to be good. Tomorrow so I don't get sick again, I am sending my companion on an exchange. hahaha. He's doomed. Naw.

Friday we have the privilege to listen to a general authority. Its going to be awesome. 

God really loves us.
I love you
ElderLuke

No comments:

Post a Comment