Monday, November 24, 2014

I am learning to love more people


Wow mom you got me on a emotional roller coaster with your email. Bad and good stuff going on. I am glad that everything is fine with your leg and especially dad's back. That scares me. But its not the first time with dad's back. Well I know we are so blessed. I really feel the blessing pore down over us. Am I worthy of such marvelous blessing?  No. I can always get better and be better and more consecrated but I am very grateful that God loves us enough to bless us. I am grateful that everything is awesome with the store and especially that everything is awesome with the family.

Well i know everyone is just dying to hear about my week so I will tell you.

My new companion is awesome. Elder Muñoz, el es muy humilde (he is very humble) and patient and fun. He has so much amor (love) for the people and I love it. Sometimes I feel like I go into lessons just guns whipped out killing people with the scriptures como (as) Amulek in Alma 10 when it says that when the people got upset with him he stretched forth his hands and screamed with more strength.
But Amulek stretched forth his hand, and cried the mightier unto them, saying: O ye wicked and perverse generation, why hath Satan got such great hold upon your hearts? Why will ye yield yourselves unto him that he may have power over you, to blind your eyes, that ye will not understand the words which are spoken, according to their truth?
Crazy but cool. Its a very stretched exaggeration because I am not like that. But with MY companion I am learning to love people more. I feel this is preparation me for something in my life that will happen. Something I was thinking about is how can the prophet and apostles meet with leaders of other churches and smile and talk and not have in their minds that they are so wrong and are leaders of the wrong church?  What I am learning from Elder Muñoz is that this is the truth, but we have to love everyone because we are all sons and daughters of God and that's what I feel that I need to learn in this time with my companion.

This week I was able to teach a teacher of children in the Catholic church. She is very sweet and fun. When we taught her it was very spiritual. We don't know if she will progress but we never know how this will change her life. It was really powerful when we prayed in the correct way because she felt the Spirit and I told her that God really heard her. But since then she hasn't read or prayed about the Book of Mormon. 

I feel like I am opening a sector because we have really no investigators and its been really tough. Really tough because we walk and talk and don't find anything. But what else can I say. That's how the life of a missionary is. But like my last sector with Elder Sanchez, we did the same and we had éxito (success). My companion has helped me keep going because its been hard. He is always talking about the fe (faith) and hope. He is a powerful missionary.

I now live with another greengo, he is from California, Elder Beck. He knows a lot of Spanish and is a surfer and snowboarder. He is cool. Its weird that I don't get to pass by my converts to have the spiritual experiences with them but what matters is that someone is passing by them and they are still progressing.  They aren't my converts son converts of the lord.

I love you. Ya know I have been thinking about what I will talk about in my home coming talk. Maybe a few stories. But when Joseph Smith gave his last testimony he say that his purpose is to testify of Christ. I think all I can say is that I know that He lives. I have come to find that out. He really lives. 

I love you
Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

Elder Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment