Monday, June 2, 2014

Transfered to Bastion Popular

Hearing about home makes me sad because I miss you guys and estados unidos (the United States). But when I read (the emails), I cry.  I cry because I know God exists. In every email I see the blessings He gives me. Not just here, but back home with you guys. I don't even deserve what He gives me but He loves me so much. I don't get sad. I am always filled with gozo (enjoyment), because I receive an answer to my prayers every time I hear that God is taking care of my family. Keep keeping my informed. It boosts my spirit.
Well I have two muy bueno (very good) experiences this week. Its funny that you mentioned that about the luggage. (We are trying to replace his broken luggage or at least the wheel so I had asked about how often he uses it and if he could replace it down there.)  I am going to answer if I use my luggage a lot; I don't use it a lot but I just used it. Significa yo tuve cambios (I had transfers). Last night we received a call and the zone leaders said that I was leaving my sector. Every single companionship in the zone had a cambio (change). Well I packed all night and went to get a new companion. I am now en barrio Bastion Popular en la estaca Pascuales (Bastion Popular in the Easter stake). At this moment I don't remember my companion's name y (and) I don't want to look like an idiot and ask. I have a problem remembering espanol nombres (Spanish names). I just can't remember them. I had a hard time this morning because cambios son fast (changes are so fast) and I didn't have time to say good by to all those persons that mean a lot to me in my sector. But I will try and keep in touch. 
 
We live in a neighborhood, there are some house that look really nice but all are decent. We live on a hill. It's actually pretty cool. The house is small and simple but its not super hot. We don't live in our sector. We have to take a bus everyday to and from our sector. Its huge. Its like 10 times bigger than Portete 1. So that will be different.  My companion said that some parts are pelican or rich. But he told me that some parts are really bad with drugs and robbing. I will have to be cautious. 
That's the really big change in my life right now.
 
I just prayed last night and I knew that God was testing me with this cambio (transfer).  What I have learned is that I Have to turn and trust in God even more. I can feel in everything that happens the love and guidance of God. I feel him preparing me to be someone great.  The last few days I have been really feeling the love of god. My last companion Saturday skyped his family for 2 horas and so I was just watching the Bible videos and Mormon messages. 2 horus straight and I felt the spirit so strong. I  felt directly his love that he has for me. For a while I have been struggling with a question. How can I feel important in Gods eyes if I am just one tinny thing amongst all of his creations. Don't get me wrong, I would not deny that he loves me. But when I was in the cyber (assuming he's talking about the cyber café his companion was using to Skype his family) I felt His love directly to me. And then I felt that love spread to everyone. I realized that God really does know us personally. "This is my work and my glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man". But man is plural. It should say the immortality and eternal life of you. Of YOU. He loves me. And the thing is, I can feel it. I feel it so powerfully.  You guys need to understand that we are children of God.  We are his sons and daughters. That means that our potential is grand. Just like a king in the olden days would pass down his kingdom to his sons, it is lo mismo con nosotros (it is the same with us). He loves us.  He guides us so that we can be like him. 
 
Oh do I love the spirit.

Family, I miss you. Mom I miss you. I miss you all so much. But we all have such a great responsibility to bring others unto Christ. Know that keeps me going, plus the blessings. I saw a video. Its one of the Mormon Messages. Se llama daily bread pattern (It's called Daily Bread Pattern). Watch it and apply it to your lives. Its so amazing.  Link to the Daily Bread Pattern

God be with you till I write again. (This is where Brian's mom lost it.  The last time I heard this song it made me cry and now he's quoting it.  Oh Brian... we miss you too.)
 
I love you mom
I love you dad
I love you family
Elder Luke
 
In searching about the area Brian is currently serving in I found this video about a school in his sector.  He's not in Idaho anymore.  Bastion Guayaquil Ecuador

No comments:

Post a Comment