Monday, May 26, 2014

God knows our needs

Man do I miss home. So much awesome stuff is going on. But awesome stuff that's going on here that I wish you guys were here for. I miss you guys so much.  I remember when Chad Hansen came home from his mission. I thought that it was going to be so weird seeing his brother Kyle because he changed so much. Its the same for me. Its going to be crazy. I can see the difference in the fotos but its not the same. I bet  ya that Brandon will be taller than me when I return. That will be weird to physically look up to Brandon. But I will always beat him in everything.

Well here in Ecuador Guayaquil we are talking with everyone. That's something the mission is wanting to know; "How many people do you talk with cada dia (each day)". Contacting is not effective, but if we find opportunities to talk with people when we are waiting on the bus and doing our normal routine we can find a lot more people that way. So we have been talking with EVERYONE.  Its very good and effective. The meta (goal) is to talk with 10 personas cada dia. The leaders de zona said that the sectors that actually tried and did it had the most exito (success) this week. Means that's the way we can find and teach. Para me the motto is Buscamos, predicamos, encontramos, ensenamos, bautizamos, asistamos el templo, y repetimos (for me the motto is look,  preach, find, teach, baptize, attend the temple and repeat) . What we were lacking is finding the people. How can we have success without investigators. So that's what Presidente Dennis is focusing on. So are we. Finding people to teach. Yes most of the people that we talk with don't care what we have to say but every once in a while we find lost investigators de oro o in ingles (English) the golden investigators.
 
We had a lesson with this investigator in the capilla (chapel) and taught dia de reposo or keeping the Sabbath day holy. The spirit was so strong and I felt he understood the importance of not working on Sunday and going to church. That was on Saturday, so we passed the next day and his store was closed so we passed by his house and he was sleeping and was just about to get ready for church. It was just awesome how people can receive this stuff and then put it in action in their lives. I prayed that night that everyone that we talked to who felt a need to go to church will be touched by the spirit to very strongly go to church. My prayers were answered. We had 5 investigators in iglesia (church). Last week was cero (zero). Cero to cinco is pretty good. Now its our turn to work hard and teach them. 
 
That's what's been going on this week. I am getting along with my companion. Yes we disagree but God put him here so that I can grow.  But my Spanish has been getting better and progressing so fast.  We ran into a Gringo. He is a return missionary who is visiting. He comforted me about Spanish and it was awesome to see the joy he has. But I was in a lesson and my converso reciente (recent convert) was muy triste (very sad) because she couldn't read because of her eyes and we comforted her. I told her that I felt the same way when I was first here because I wouldn't speak Spanish. But God knows our needs.  He knows the way to fix and help us, but its almost never in the way that we want it to be. God knows all. He knows us and He knows the way. Our part is to trust in Him. With all our heart. When I shared that with esa hermana (that Sister) I felt the spirit so strong. Because its true. I told her that it doesn't matter if she cant read. That's why God sent us missionaries to teach her so that she can learn, that's why she has her daughter there to read to her, and because she has the Book of Mormon in audio. God blesses us but we just need to open our eyes and count our blessing. Recognize them. That's what I have learned this week.
Bueno. I know its not much. But know I am working hard and changing lives. Have fun with the busy week.
 
Elder Luke

p.s. attached is a pic of the luggage, I don't have to explain what's wrong, the foto speaks for itself.
good thing we bought the luggage with a two year warranty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment