Monday, May 19, 2014

God loves us so much even when we lack in love for Him

Buenos,
Oh my goodness, I needed your letter. I have been feeling down lately. Because I have missed opportunities to act on the spirit. Its really played a toll on me to think that I missed out. This last week I have been really evaluating and striving to be more obedient. I feel so blessed and I feel like I can do better with the things that I have been blessed with. I am so blessed, its not even funny. I thank God every day for how much I receive. Man, God loves us so much even when we lack in love for him. Its just amazing.
 
Okay this last week some stuff went on. Crazy stuff. Well this week I have been with the zone leaders. I haven't been in my sector very much this week. Because I was separated from my companion, but I am back with him now. We worked together for the first time in a long time yesterday. But the time that I was with the zone leaders was awesome. I had so much fun. They are such cool guys. Elder Estrata y Elder Chas. They are so goofy but know when to be serious. I didn't have a lot of lessons this week or anything that was remarkable except that my Spanish has improved so much. The spirit has been seriously working with me since I have been alone teaching. Almost like He was my companion. Elder Espiritu. Even though he doesn't have a name tag, its true. The Holy Spirit has been my companion. He has always been my companion ever since I was baptized and received the holy ghost. I just love it. Always be in tuned to the spirit. Don't miss those opportunities to just act when the spirit says what to do. Other thing, always be worthy to have the spirit. Have you guys seen Ephraim's rescue. Its so awesome. Every time he gives a priesthood blessing he washes his hands. Someone asked "why do you do that". He said something like we are calling on god for help. We are performing a sacred thing. We should try and be clean inside and out, the best we can.
 
We had a reunion con presidente and he said that we need to focus on and explain very well that we are children of God. He said if we understand that then our investigators will too. That's when they will feel and accept our teachings in their lives. I love teaching with that tool. Because everything we teach here is because we are children of God and He loves us. For example, just like a father would search for his lost child and return him to the family, God does that too. When we are spiritually lost he restores us to the truth. He has a restoration. The reason why we have the plan of salvation is because God loves us and wants us to become like Him. He gives us the evangelio de jesucristo to guide us so that we can make the covenants essential to enter into the kingdom of God and return to Him. He gives us commandments to keep us in line. To keep us on the right track and to receive blessing. It's just awesome to have that connection. God really does love us and we need to understand as best as we can that love. Because our lives are so much better when we feel His love. 
 
Now on a bad note, we sent a missionary home from our zone. It was actually sad because he didn't understand what this (the mission) was all about. He didn't get it and now he pays the consequences and now his family that is sealed together is paying also. It's sad but it strengthened me. It gave me a motive to be that much better because I never want to be close to going home. Unless two years are over then its fine.
 
Mom I am so blessed. You guys are so blessed. I am going to work harder. I know if I do my best here God with give me even more back home. I testify that He provides. I pray for you guys. Have an amazing week.

I love you
Elder Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment