Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Not a lot has happened other than the Baptism

Man it feels like its been so long since I last talked to you (We got to talk with Brian through Skype just two days before). That picture with my on the big screen is awesome. I loved talking to you guys. Turns out I could have talked longer to you guys, but then again I didn't want to be out of Ecuador for to long. Leading up to the phone call I was super nervous because I have been in Ecuador for so long now that to have my mind be back home scared me.  I don't mean I didn't have a desire to talk to you. I was just really trunky. As in ready to go home. Not literally but missing home.  I hope that makes sense. 
It was just so awesome to talk to you guys. I really miss you. It will just make my return that much sweeter.
 
(A few days before this email Brian's dad rode in the Idaho state road riding championships.  He didn't do as well as he would have liked, but he is always harder on himself than he should be.)  That's awesome about state championships for dad. I know how he is but that just means that next year he will push himself harder and do better. After that he is racing nationals and then tour de France. Never know. But that's awesome that he gets to do all these bike races.
 
Well, my companion is doing better. He still has to wait a week but weeks fly down here. But this time has really progressed my Spanish because I basically teach everything. The members here can't teach. That sucks but it's all a growing experience. Oh I watched a movie that's so awesome. Se llama Ephraim's Rescue. You guys should watch it. Its powerful. 
 
I had a baptism on Saturday of the family that got married. They are just amazing. I baptized the mom and then Elder Chas my zone leader baptized the dad. I helped with the dunking of the dad. It was crazy because I squatted and we had so many problems that I was almost completely in the water. But that was awesome. Then their confirmation was Sunday. Then we met with them lunes (Sunday night). They said that they felt so amazing. They said that they couldn't describe how they were feeling. It was so awesome that they could feel the Holy Ghost so fast and so strong. Such an awesome experience.  
 
Last night all the guys in the house just had a huge shaving cream fight. It got messy.
Because Brian's companion has Chicken Pox and Brian has never had them, he has to stay with the zone leaders.  It sounds like he spends his days with Ward members as companions and sleeps at the Zone leaders house.  They have a much nicer Casa. It sounds like he is having fun with the zone leaders though.
 
 
Don't forget skinny ties and sweet baby rays. 
When we talked to Brian on Mother's day he instructed us that we needed to send him two things in his next package.  He even wanted us to write it down.  Wool skinny ties and Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce.  Still trying to be trendy and missing a little bit of home.  (we eat a lot of Sweet Baby Rays at our house).  Funny the things they want. 
 
Sorry my letter is short, not a lot has happened other than the baptism. 
I love you guys so much. I am so blessed. 

I love you mom
I love you dad
I love you family



No comments:

Post a Comment