Tuesday, June 17, 2014

God doesn't choose the Prepared, he prepares the chosen


Whats happening here is I had an inter cambio or exchanges with the zone leaders. I went to the sector of the zone leaders with Elder Hanks from Utah. He is super cool. We talked a lot about the future of the mission and how we have to be better because a lot of things are going to happen in the mission and we have to be prepared to be leaders. His sector is huge. We took a 15 minute bus ride to another part of his sector and its all dirt and hills. It was really fun. My Spanish has improved so much. I can role it off the tongue with the help of the gift of tongues. The other missionaries that i live with said that I was talking in my sleep and it was in Spanish. That means I am improving. The only thing is that I don't remember speaking Spanish in my dream. I am waiting for that.
 
The day after that inter cambio con Elder Hanks. My companion and I were having a good day. I got hungry and i wanted to buy something called salchipapas (a fast food dish that is a mixture of french fries and hot dogs or sausages) but the member and my companion wanted some too and that meant I was going to buy for them. We past by the place and the rode was blocked with a party so we returned and I decided that I wanted to buy food. We sat down and we start talking with the kid who owns this little family food thing in their house. Then his friend comes and we start talking to them both. Then he asks why we are called Mormons. Bueno (good) question. So we start with teaching about the Book of Mormon and what it is. Then he asked how we got it in this time period. Then we started with the message of the restoration. When we started talking about the grand apostasy.  His mom pipped in and just said nothing worth while to listen to. She literally said nothing. It was all gibberish and her son and the friend knew it too. We Then pipped in and started with the first vision and it was pure silence. The spirit was so strong. Then we taught that Jesus Christ restored his true church in the earth through Joseph Smith. Then ended with our testimonies. Every word I said in my testimony was so powerful, not because it was my words but because the Spirit was with me and I was speaking the truth. It was so powerful. It was pure silence from when we started the first vision hasta we finished. We left Libros de Mormones with them and the kid said that we didn't have to pay for the salchipapas. It was free. It was so awesome. That's really been it for this semana (week).
 
I am feeling the Spirit constantly but I can be better. I know the things I need to change to be the best I can be. Presidente said something awesome. He said that God doesn't choose the prepared, he prepares the chosen. That really helped me this week.

Okay I have some personal incite for this week. I don't have a lot of time because we were playing futbol to long and we have citas (appointments) that we have to go to. But read Luke 12, Click here for the link to Luke Chapter 12 then watch the video of the Biblia that is titled something like seek ye the kingdom of God. Click here for the link to the Bible Video Read it. Ponder on it and next week I want to share what I have come to understand through revelation of the spirit.
 
I am really sorry that I haven't written a lot in this letter but I hope you can understand that I am safe because I am with the spirit. The Spirit is one of the members of the God head and so I think that is more powerful than some loser who wants 25 cents.

 I love you so much. I think about you constantly. I think of my blessings that I receive, but not here in Ecuador but with you guys in estados unidos (United States). I love you so much, I hope you feel it, but I hope you guys feel the love of God. I pray for you guys every day. Just think about the phrase in Lucas 12 that says that God knows our needs, but seek ye the kingdom of God and everything will be provided for. Read, ponder, pray and next week i am going to share something awesome.

Have a wonderful, safe, spiritual week
I love you
Elder Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment