Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Our Heavenly father is the pilot of our lives

Well, here I am on the beach, to be honest I haven't seen the beach yet. But I love that here its very cool. I woke up the other day and I felt cold. I put my sweater on and studied all day that way. 
Well on Thursday I had to go to Guayaquil with my companion for a conference with Presidente. I went to bed at 10:30 and I woke at 3:30 to leave. I also woke up with a cold and wow that day was hard to stay awake and focused. But I was able to see my companion Elder Muñoz. It was so awesome to see him. He also is training and he told me that the man we baptized, Manuel Caizedo, had given a reference to the missionaries of whom baptized  a family of 6. WOW everything started with my acts and my desire to find him. For what I did with my companion we not only baptized 1 person mas bien we set the way up for future baptisms.
 
This week was rough because my companion doesn't know the sector and so we are losing a lot of time but we have a fecha baptismal who is preparing for the 4th of July. so funny. 4 of July. But he is so powerful and his son is going to baptize him. Also yesterday we found so many people so perfect and prepared to be baptized. So much fun.
 
My companion and I have been focusing on working with the members to give us referrals, and inviting them to participate in the work of God. I hope we can find people and also that we are able to strengthen the ward.
 
Yesterday I learned something about this week. 
I am having a rough time adapting to the new leaders and way of doing things. Well I just wondered when I first got here. I asked, " why am I not a zone leader? " Why am I training again.?" But I heard a story,
 There once was a little girl that got on board of a plane.  As she so calmly entered and sat down and started to draw the passengers realized that she didn't have the "first time fears". She seamed calm. On the flight the cabin started to shake as they passed through a storm, and the passengers started to panic. But the little girl no. She just kept drawing. The shaking and turbulence got worse and people screamed a little and the lady next to the little girl asked "are you not afraid?" the little girl responded "No" she kept on drawing when she said, "MY father is the pilot."

 
Our father is the pilot of our lives. I need to trust in him as do all of us. The moment we stop trusting in Him we panic and panic is not good. God is your father. I feel that most humans don't even understand that phrase.
 
I think in the story Christ is the father guiding the plane and we need to trust in him on our flight to return to our heavenly father. 
 
 
God bless you, 
I pray that he may guide us safely to him, only if we trust in him.
 
I love you
ElderLuke 

No comments:

Post a Comment