Monday, January 12, 2015

Well this week wasn't that great


Blessing are just pouring down in Boise, that's awesome. From your letter and the letter from dad it just sounds that all is just wonderful.


Well this week wasn't that great. We have had a few problems, but what it has come down to is that our numbers are really bad.  Its not that we aren't doing anything, but maybe we aren't doing everything possible. The people we are working with aren't progressing and we are constantly dropping investigators. I think its my fault for not trying my hardest this week.  Its been so hard that it gets you down in the dumps. But the Lord has his ways to get us motivated. This Sunday in church came to the branch the new stake presidency. They are really ready to work hard . The spirit was strong. They switched the order of the church. First was priesthood and then Sunday school and then the sacrament meeting. The first class we learned about loving God and serving him with all our heart might mind and strength. During that class the old man that was recently baptized was taken out of the class to have an interview with the stake president because yesterday he received the Melchizedek priesthood. It was very fast but the stake president authorized it. So now he is an elder.


The second hour Elder Sanchez gave the lesson of being obedient. That was my favorite class. He didn't say anything that I haven't heard before. I knew what he taught, but its what the spirit does that hit me. I feel that the Spirit chewed me out.  I saw everything I was doing wrong in my mind and in the end that I wasn't being obedient like God wants me to be. I learned a lot from a story. I remember so many times dad telling me to do something, chores or something, I remember always asking why? Why? Dad always responded because I said so. That response that dad gave stuck in my mind since church to this moment. Because when Dad responded that I  always murmured and I was angry because I wanted answers and I didn't  obey. But in the book of Moses, when Adam was sacrificing an offering to God an angel came and asked why are you doing that. Adam answered "I don't know, but my father has asked this of me."  Adam obeyed because he knew he had to even though he didn't know why. Now I know more about being obedient to everything that comes from God. But something that I am weighed down with is that before the mission I wasn't like Adam. I feel bad for not being obedient to dad. I should have never asked why. That applies with God. I shouldn't ask why, I should do it. I really hope that dad can forgive me for not being obedient for all those years.


The third hour in church, they called a new ward  mission leader who is awesome. And a convert gave an awesome talk. Super spiritual. The stake president pulled us aside and told us that if we work our hardest God will bless us with a chapel. I just felt a change in everything. The work is moving very well here and I want to participate . I don't want to be changed (transferred to another part of the mission).


Thank you for your support and for loving me. this week will be a lot better.

I love you

Elder Luke


p.s. I made a short list of things what I would receive in my next package.


Exercise bands. The ones that have different colors that used to be in your guys' closet.


Shoes. Actually mom, my shoes are going bad. My brown shoes are shot as well as the Clarks shoes that had the holes that we bought first. The other Clarks that are more sturdy are almost flat on the bottom. They work and are my favorites, I don't use the new shoes that often to preserve them for conference and church and when I come home. I have to look good for that too. No worries about the shoes but I would love another pair of brown shoes. Not what I bought the last time but something more like they sell in Petersons.


The chocolate spread that you sent for Christmas.


That's about all I could think of. Oh also ties. I love new ties. You guys can choose. I don't need it right now so take your time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment