Monday, October 13, 2014

I Love Testifying

Well it sounds like all is well in Boise.  I love receiving good news. Its just awesome.

The pictures from last week with the TV is in the capilla casa (chapel house). I really don't like the capilla casa but what can I do? Wait for transfers for another sector that has a capilla. But yes the family that asistir (attended) conference did hear the talk by Elder Bednar. (A talk at General Conference specifically addressing investigators and those not of our faith about why we share the Gospel.) It was really powerful.  When he first started out and said that he was going to direct his message to investigators I perked up and was excited because it was an awesome opportunity for that family. 

Bueno this week was good but also it sucked. It sucked because the kids are out of school for a short period of time and so everyone left out of town. The family that went to conference were gone all week and so we weren't able to teach them. Another lady that is progressing was out on vacation. It was  really hard because we didn't have a lot of lessons. It really kicked us down. It really beat us. it was hard. But I found good parts and took advantage to learn. I really think that when its really tough in our lives and we stick strong in the faith that is when we learn so much. I know that's true. 

This week we taught this lady who accepted the Book of Mormon and was comfortable saying that the Book of Mormon is true in the first visit. But she prayed in between the first and second visit and received an answer that it is true. It was really awesome. Them we gave a Book of Mormon to her to read. Then she took it and slammed it on the table and then started pounding her hand on the book saying that this book and the Bible and this other book she had was true. I was just focusing on the book thinking that it was bought with sacred tithing money that people have donated and here she is slamming the book. So I invited her to church and this is when the garbage came out. She told us that it doesn't matter what goes on, she will stay true to her church. She told us that if God sent angels that still wouldn't change her. That was her own words. How awful is that? So we shared 3 Nephi 27:8
"And how be it my church save it be called in my name? For if a church be called in Moses’ name then it be Moses’ church; or if it be called in the name of a man then it be the church of a man; but if it be called in my name then it is my church, if it so be that they are built upon my gospel."
and we testified that the church is founded by Christ himself and that there lives a Prophet of God and that the church was restored with the priesthood. In that moment I testified. I shared my testimony and learned what it means to teach with power and authority. I just felt the Spirit flow through my body. But it is said in the Book of Mormon that not everyone will except the truth and that they will deny the Spirit. Well that's what happened. It didn't matter that I taught with the Spirit.  She rejected it.

So I told her that if she isn't going to change then she doesn't need the Book of Mormon. She said no, so we took it back. I think I did the right thing because I just felt that we should preserve these libros (books) for the people who want to know.  She didn't want to know. So we left.  Maybe some day she will except the truth.

The hardest part of being a missionary is that not everyone excepts our message, but as i have learned this week through a talk of Elder Holland about the atonement is that salvation is never easy. We can't expect that it will ever be easy when it was never easy for Christ. Christ was rejected and spit upon and denied, so we are expected to suffer a little of what he suffered. But in the Bible there is a scripture that I don't remember where but says that we suffer him and stand with him when we declare his word and if we stay firm we are glorified with him.

Its been a blessing this week because I was able to get some talks from conference on my pen drive.  I have been listening to them every morning and it has just invited the Spirit so much. Today I am going to get more talks to be edified, even more this week. But like Dad told me in General Conference they testified powerfully that Christ lives, that we receive revelation from Him and that Thomas S Monson is really a prophet called of God. I love testifying. I bore my testimony this week in church and I just love sharing the special witness of the truthfulness of the gospel and that I know that Christ lives. 

This week we also were able to pass for an investigator that has been on vacation for all this week but she came back and we taught her with her husband and she explained to her husband all about the Book of Mormon and what it is and she told him that it's true. It's awesome but she didn't go to church which was a bummer.

That's  about all that happened this week. I am super grateful for the blessing that I and my family are receiving. 

Mom you are right, time is flying fast. I will go to complete 10 meses (months) and then my birthday of 19 años (years) and then in two short months I have one year in the mission. 10 meses (months) and I have grown so much and I am excited because I still have a lot of time left to grow that much more. Christmas is upòn us. 

Elder Luke

 

No comments:

Post a Comment