Monday, October 20, 2014

I have experienced a little fragment of the sorrow that Christ has felt


This week sounded like it was a blast. The party looks really cool. (Brian's sister had her 11th birthday party this last week.  We sent pictures.)  To see the food on the table made me hungry. I will be going to eat lunch soon. But man do I crave some food right now.
 
Everybody is getting so big. Well solo (only) referring to the kids no mas (no more). Becca is so much taller as well as Benjamin. Mom that's a good idea about the reading tutor for Benjamin. Something that I have learned is that I love reading the scriptures. I don't read very fast, part of that is because I am reading in Spanish, but I am understanding and learning so much. It something that I have learned is that I have wasted so much time in my life with music, with TV, with movies, with video games. I really wish that I would have read more and have read my scriptures more. So this practice will be good for Ben to get him reading more. Really listen to a talk that Elder Bendar gave to a group of youth. So mom and dad, listen to this talk with the family. Its called, "things as they really are". Click here for the link to the talk. Its long, but I have learned so much from it. This will change the family if you learn what I have learn. With this talk you will be selling the Xbox and the video games and the music. Its a really good talk. I have been downloading conference talks and listening to them in my free time. It has been so enlightening. 

Well this week has been good. But also really bad. This week we have 5 people that are preparing for baptism for this week. All week was going really well with this family and everything was good, we are planning to have a really nice ceremony. Because we don't have a capilla, or church building, but we have a pool behind the church. Its nice but I was going to decorate it just like the wedding of Amy and Bryan. SO that's what we have been planning and it will be awesome. Not even that we were able to get another fecha (date) baptismal. Another person who has accepted a date for baptism, She went to church and just loved it. The church really isn't pretty, but she felt the spirit which just boosts the feeling of gozo, paz, peace, joy, happiness, in whatever place. She is awesome. This Sunday was really powerful. We had a lot of people in church. Tambien pres de estaca (Also president Estaca), the stake president came and gave an awesome talk. It was super good. 

But life isn't perfect and the mission is definitely not perfect. This Saturday, we went over to the house of the family that will be baptized this week. We showed up late but we told them we had the clothes for them to try on. That's when the padres (parents) told us that they don't want to be baptized. The mom told us straight up no, that she was already baptized in another church and she doesn't want to go to church with us because she wants to go to the other church. The dad said that he does want baptism but not right now. We didn't have a lot of time to be there so we told them they need to pray to ask if the Book of Mormon is true and then go to church to receive an answer. We were devastated. Absolutely devastated. I cried because after quitting coffee and changing their lives in the end they didn't want to come to Christ because they had fear. So we told them that to find out the truth they have to go to church. Only the dad went to church.  He loved it and he told us that he will stick with the goal of being baptized this week. But when we passed by their house to share a message just about temple and eternal families that we were prompted to share, there in their house was a missionary of the other church. He was putting false and vain and foolish doctrine into the mind of the mom and the kids. But not the dad, he didn't want to listen because he knew that the Church of Jesus Christ is the true church. We passed by and we didn't want to contend so we just left a picture of the temple and left. We went to another lesson and felt that we should come back. So we went back at 8:15pm. It was late but we had words to say and things to testify of. It was a good lesson. We testified with such great power and authority. I just felt the Spirit flowing though me and my companion. I testified of the truth and that families can be together forever. I showed the picture of our family when we were sealed. I cried just a little. But I really am grateful to have been raised in this church having known of this truth. We said it all. The dad was firm and he said he will stick to it but he wants his family to take this step with him. It was sad that he is standing alone in the truth. But its the truth. We cant deny it. But some people don't accept it in the first place. We focused in on the mom and told her to pray. We have been praying a lot for this family. Today we will know who will rise and who will fall. Its sad but it has to be done. I have experienced a little fragment of the sorrow that Christ has felt.  I hate the feelings but it makes we have a greater appreciation for the Savior. 

If you guys could, please pray for this family. la famlia Erazo Delgado. They need all the help that they can get to prepare for their baptism.

I have had a very eventful week. I love learning. I really like learning. I love hearing the testimonies of the prophets and just hear the divine truth of their words when they testify that Christ loves us and that he really does live. 

Okay family. My time has run out. I am grateful for everything that you do for me, but also what God is doing for our family everyday.

I love you mom,
I love you family.
Elder Luke

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment