Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference was Amazing


Conference was amazing. Unfortunately I had to watch the two Saturday sessions in Spanish, the priesthood session in English and then domingo (Sunday) in English. When its in Spanish the music is always in English. they don't dub that over. But conference was amazing.  I got so much out of it.  I took so many notes and really felt the spirit speaking directly to me during it. It was really awesome. Bednar's talk was amazing domingo (on Sunday), Uchtdorf's talk was awesome in priesthood. Well priesthood was just amazing, they macheted mucho but with the spirit.

Elder Packer bore an awesome testimony of the God head.  We don't think he is going to make it to the next session of conference. The prophets words in the morning of domingo was awesome sobre charity and being more Christ like, that is something I need to work on. One guy who I cant remember his name was awesome when he only talked about Joseph Smith and the restoration.

Uchtdorf said something that was amazing in priesthood session.  He quoted Martin Luther King Jr " are you sleeping through the revolution." He then changed it to " Are you sleeping through the restoration".  That is so true for so many people in this world. Especially here in Ecuador.  Its time to act.

I really enjoyed conference.  I don't think I will ever be able to watch conference in comfy pants in the house again. It's a lot more spiritual in the stake center in church clothes. I got a lot more out of it. It was also so specially because I testify every day that the church has been restored and that we have a prophet who is our direct link to God and to actually hear his voice. Going to the stake center I know would fix the sleeping problem at home, well maybe not for dad. 

Ecuador is awesome.  Elder White has 4.5 months left. He is getting trunky, just a little. He talks a lot about it and then keeps me in check by reminding me that I just started. But time has been flying here. Our next transfer is in dos semanas. Literally crazy to think that I have almost 4 months on a mission. It feels like yesterday i received an email with all caps saying ONE MONTH MARK. Now I am pushing four. Crazy.

I am doing amazing though. I feel that my Spanish is improving and I can take the lead in everything. I understand and communicate, its awesome. We found this family, la familia Jara.  Its an older couple and the daughter who has 40 anos. Ella dijo que she wants me to baptize her. I am so honored because she is amazing and has so much Fe (faith). She has been prepared for this gospel. She has some problems in life but its awesome because I can relate and testify that by the atonement she can change and be made clean. We taught her about the holy ghost, so yesterday she said that she wants to get baptized 19 de abril so that she can have the espiritu santo. Its just awesome. Other than them, we found another family, la familia Mesa Gomez. They really need this gospel to help them. She can feel the spirit all the time we are there and she is super receptive to the mensaje. She didn't come to conference but she said she would watch it on her own because she wants to feel that paz from listening to it. I don't know if you feel this way but when I saw the mas amount of people in conference, it made me feel so amazing to know that we are members of something so grand and beautiful.

Well that's it for this week.  I love you so much.  This work is everything.  I feel that I will be on a mission for my entire life. Just always thinking about that amazing feeling when I get to hug you, mom, for the first time in two years.
 

I love you mom
I love you dad
I love you family.

Elder Luke

 

No comments:

Post a Comment